Wheel of Life
Where are you investing?
It can be a revelation to notice what areas of our lives we've developed or left untouched. In my experience, the adjustments that come from honestly exploring where energy is being invested and why has resulted in major shifts. What's the story about how your wheel developed? How might it be different in 5 years?
The activities are meant to support exploration through the idea that we live multi-faceted lives, and the assumption that they tend to be out of balance. Explore using surveys and/or download worksheets.
Walk through the activities
- Reflect on what the different segments mean to you.
- What parts of your life are highways (developed) and wilds (unmanaged)? We know from ecology that a balance between these two things is crucial for health.
- Capture how much time you are currently investing into each segment. Play with your data in a Google Spreadsheet that will help you visualize your current reality and imagine what is possible.
- Get writing and imagining the future you want.
Practices for regular evaluation:
- Did you just finish an activity in your life? Assess whether it gave you life or sucked your will to live.
- Document what you need to keep / stop / start doing and any blocks in your way, mental or logistical.
Maybe you don't Like Surveys ...